When it opens in 2014, Fiona Stanley Hospital will be Western Australia’s flagship health campus. Colleagues Information Solutions is proud to be playing a part in this historic development.
With a projected cost of around $2 billion, Fiona Stanley Hospital in Murdoch is set to become the major tertiary hospital in the southern metropolitan area. Offering vital healthcare services to communities all around Western Australia, the hospital will be one of the most technologically advanced in the country in terms of both clinical care and innovative design.
Named after pre-eminent public health campaigner and past Australian of the Year Professor Fiona Stanley, the construction site covers the equivalent of four city blocks and contains approximately 150 000 sqm of floor space over five main buildings.
Key services that will be provided by the hospital include:
- tertiary medical services;
- major centre of trauma, burns, heart and lung transplants;
- cancer services;
- paediatric services.
Managing contractor Brookfield Multiplex chose PenMatrix Defect Manager to assist with defect tracking and management. Brookfield Multiplex is using the product to identify, track and manage defects and issues during the development lifecycle.
Colleagues PenMatrix Defect Manager provides project managers, team leaders, subcontractors and key stakeholders with instant access to a comprehensive project snapshot including:
- Full defect management.
- Analysis by date, location and status.
- Automatic notification of snags or approvals.
- A range of project checklists.
- Contractor evaluation records.
- Compliance and audit trails.
- KPIs for all contractors and team members.
- Worksheet creation for individual subcontractors.
- Supporting photographs and diagrams.
All information is available 24/7 and can be automatically disseminated to multiple locations, anywhere in the world.
Project fast facts
- Fiona Stanley Hospital is the largest building infrastructure project ever undertaken by the Western Australian government.
- Total project spend is estimated at $2 billion.
- The build will run for 5 years, from 2009 to 2014.
- The site is the size of four city blocks.
- When completed the hospital will contain 6300 rooms, 783 beds and 3600 basement, ground-level and multistorey parking bays.
- Developer Brookfield Multiplex is using Colleagues PenMatrix Defect Manager to assist with building inspections and the recording and management of defects during the lifecycle of this project.
Would you like to know more about Colleagues’ data capture and management solutions? Please contact us today.